Live reports from the biggest sporting events
Firsthand interviews with notable sports personalities
Behind-the-scenes access to your favorite sports shows
Daily insights on the world of sports and technology
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, PLAY OR WIN. THIS IS NOT A GAME OF CHANCE. ENTRANT MUST BE A LEGAL ADULT 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Comcast® and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for purposes of administering this Contest.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Entrant must be legally an adult in state of residence and 18 years of age or older. Entrant must be a resident of and physically located in the fifty (50) United States (includes District of Columbia). Employees of Comcast® Cable Communications Management, LLC (“Comcast” or “Sponsor”), GMR Marketing LLC (“GMR”), Facebook Inc. (“Facebook”),and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, agencies, retailers, wholesalers, distributors, and promotional and other vendor agencies involved in the Contest (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are NOT eligible to enter or win; nor are the immediate family members (parent, spouse, child, sibling) of such employees as well as members of the immediate household of such employees, whether or not related. Current and former professional actors and broadcasters (as determined by Sponsor) are not eligible to enter. Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Odds of winning depend on the number and quality of entries, the online votes for each entrant, and application of the judging criteria. Online voting totals will reflect, among other things, the quality of entrants’ submissions, the extent to which the submissions reflect Contest and judging criteria, and the entrants’ abilities to attract votes for their entries.
3. ADDITIONAL CRITERIA FOR ENTRY: Entry video should show why you think you deserve to be the next Xfinity® Sports Social Media Reporter. Describe your experience with blogging and engaging in various social media. Entry video must be entrant’s original creation and should not include copyrighted, trademarked, patented or previously published material. Entry video should include ONLY the entrant, if applicable; no other individuals allowed. Entry video should not depict any individuals other than the entrant and should not display or include any trademarked, copyrighted, proprietary and/or brand names, logos, images or objects. Submission should not defame or invade the rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any third party’s personal, proprietary or intellectual rights. Submission must be consistent with the Sponsor’s brand reputation in the marketplace and must be suitable for audiences of all ages. Entry video should not include the following: commercial products (e.g., clothing, toys, food) and/or their trademarks, brands, logos; unauthorized trademarks and copyrighted material (e.g., music, celebrity references, etc.). Entry video cannot include or involve any of the following: music, obscenity, crude, vulgar or offensive pictures, depictions, images, language and/or symbols; gang signs or symbols; violence, explicit sexual activity; nudity; Illegal drug or alcohol use; license plates, phone numbers, personal addresses (physical or email or otherwise); website or web page links; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups or humiliate other people (publicly or otherwise), any assault or threatening of others; trespass or the violation of other people’s rights or property; Illegal (e.g., discriminatory, harassing) or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct (e.g., inflicting emotional distress). Entries containing prohibited content or otherwise in violation of these Official Rules, or containing any other content, display, materials and/or images that are or could be considered infringing of third party intellectual property rights, inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion will be disqualified. Entries that exceed specified length or size limits will be disqualified. Entries may be screened prior to online posting and those that do not meet the stated criteria above, or entries that (in the Sponsor’s sole discretion) may technically meet the stated criteria but do not reflect the intent and the spirit of the provisions related to participation, are not eligible and will be disqualified without notification by the Sponsor to the entrant. VIDEO MUST NOT INCLUDE MUSIC AND MUST BE NO SHORTER THAN 30 SECONDS IN LENGTH, NO LONGER THAN 2 MINUTES IN LENGTH, NO LARGER THAN 1024 MEGABYTES (1GB) IN SIZE, AND IN A .3GP, .AVI, .MOV, .MP4, .MPEG, .FLV, .F4V, .SWF, .WMV OR .MKV FORMAT.
4. JUDGING CRITERIA/SEMI-FINALIST SELECTION: This is not a game of chance. Entries will be evaluated based on the quality of their submitted videos and their answers to the following question: “Why do you deserve to be named the winner of the Xfinity® Presents: The Ultimate Sports Social Media Job Contest?” Entries will be judged on a 100-point scale as follows: 1) 20 points for breadth and depth of sports knowledge; 2) 20 points for creative demonstration and integration of social media platforms, skills, and expertise; 3) 20 points for unique communication style and wit; 4) 20 points for strong personality and appearance on camera; and 5) 20 points for passion shown of Comcast’s products and services (such as verbal mention and knowledge of brand).All entries will be judged as they are received by GMR, an independent judging organization. In the event of a tie, the entries involved in such tie will be re-judged by an additional judge designated by the Sponsor, who will select a winner that best reflects all criteria as a whole. One hundred (100) entries will advance to the Semi-Finalist Round. Sponsor reserves the right to advance fewer than one hundred (100) entries to the Semi-Finalist Round if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries.
5. ONLINE VOTING CRITERIA: Online voters will be asked to consider the criteria listed below as a guide for voting:
Suggested Voting Criteria:
6. ONLINE VOTING TO DETERMINE UP TO FIVE (5) FINALISTS: Up to one hundred (100) eligible Semi-Finalist entries will be featured at the Xfinity® Presents: The Ultimate Sports Social Media Job Contest tab on www.facebook.com/xfinity between approximately February 9, 2012 and February 19, 2012 for viewing and voting by the public. To vote, visitors must go online to www.facebook.com/xfinity, log on to Facebook, “Like” the Xfinity® Facebook page, and view videos and cast vote as directed. The five (5) entries with the highest vote totals will be selected as finalists for Xfinity® Presents: The Ultimate Sports Social Media Job Contest, subject to confirmation of eligibility and identity. Any entry may be eliminated, regardless of vote total, in Sponsor’s sole discretion (i) if it is not consistent with Sponsor’s reputation in the marketplace, including its reputation for quality and integrity, (ii) if it does not reflect the goals of the Contest, (iii) if the language or other content of the entry is not suitable for all ages, (iv) if the entry is so deficient in grammar, spelling, sentence structure or content as to be unclear or inappropriate, or (v) if the voting for that entry appears to reflect any improper attempt to collect or generate votes in violation of these rules, such as through an automated voting scheme. Voting is limited to one (1) vote per person/Facebook account holder per day. No offer to pay for votes or provide any other compensation or consideration for votes is permissible, nor are offers of like-kind exchanges (I’ll vote for yours if you vote for mine). Entrants who, in the sole discretion of Sponsor and/or judges, attempt in any fashion to “buy” votes will be disqualified and entries removed. Other uses of social media, blogs, texts, tweets, websites, etc., to drive participants to voting site, for example through notices or encouraging messages, are permissible.
7. DETERMINATION AND NOTIFICATION OF FINALISTS: The five (5) Semi-Finalist entries with the highest number of online votes will be designated as Finalists, subject to verification of identity and eligibility. In the event of tie, the Semi-Finalist who received his or her vote total first will be declared the potential Finalist. The potential Finalists will be notified on or about February 20, 2012 by phone and/or email to the email address and telephone information listed on the Official Online Entry Form. Sponsor reserves the right to advance fewer than five (5) Semi-Finalist entries to the Finalist Round if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Semi-Finalist entries. Potential Finalist must provide proof to Sponsor’s satisfaction of his/her eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age residence, and identity. Potential Finalist will be asked to complete, sign and forward within three (3) calendar days of date of receipt some or all of the following as requested by Sponsor: (a) a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility; (b) a notarized Release of Liability which among other things, releases Released Parties, from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Contest or the use/misuse or acceptance of a Prize or any portion thereof; (c) an Assignment of Rights consistent with the provisions of these rules; (d) a Publicity Release, which among other things, grants Released Parties and their respective designees the right to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation consistent with the provisions of these rules; (e)an agreement to report and blog during the trip attended as a finalist; (f) permission for a criminal background check or verification of identity and eligibility, and (g) any other similar documentation considered reasonably necessary under the circumstances in Sponsor’s sole discretion (collectively the “Documents”). Failure to complete the Documents as required may result in potential Finalist’s disqualification, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and selection of an alternate potential Finalist based on the next highest vote total.
Finalist must be able to travel the week of March 8, 2012 through March 11, 2012 or other dates as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Failure of a designated Finalist to participate in the travel event will result in that Finalist’s disqualification and selection of an alternate Finalist, time and circumstances permitting.
In addition, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify a Finalist or potential Finalist for any of the following reasons: (a) non-compliance with these Official Rules; (b) in the event that a Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable; (c) a criminal background check or other information indicating a history or trait considered by Sponsor to be unacceptable in a Finalist or winner in this Contest; (d) information showing that the Entry was defective or failed to comply with these Official Rules. No substitution of any prizes or cash equivalent, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. GRAND PRIZE JUDGING AND SELECTION: On a date designated by Sponsor between March 8, 2012 and March 11, 2012, up to (5) Finalists will be required as part of the Contest to travel to one of the sporting events identified below at the discretion of the Sponsor. The five (5) Finalists will attend an event and be asked to chronicle their experience via tweeting, posting videos, and posting short blog/Facebook posts on a designated promotional tab on http://www.facebook.com/xfinity as well as their own social media channels (collectively, “Postings”). The performance, including Postings, of each of the five (5) finalists will be evaluated by a panel of judges based on the following criteria: 1) 20 points for authenticity and likeability; 2) 20 points for breadth and depth of reporting including use of social media channels; 3) 20 points for sports knowledge; 4) 20 points for creativity; and 5) 20 points for entrant’s passion shown of Comcast’s products and services (verbal mention, knowledge of brand).The one (1) Finalist with the highest point total as determined by the judges will be selected as the potential Grand Prize winner subject to confirmation of eligibility and provided that the Finalist with the highest point total may be eliminated, in the judges’ or Comcast’s sole discretion (i) if the Finalist for any reason is deemed not consistent with Comcast’s reputation in the marketplace, including its reputation for quality and integrity, (ii) if the Finalist or his/her postings do not reflect the goals of the Contest, or (iii) if the language or other content of the Finalist’s posting is not suitable for all ages. In the event of a tie in Grand Prize judging, the entries involved will be re-judged by an additional judge from Comcast who will serve as the tie-breaker and who will evaluate entries according to the same criteria. Before Grand Prize is awarded, the potential Grand Prize winner may be required to undergo additional background check or verification of identity and eligibility, including verification that the winner is not or has not been a professional broadcaster or actor or member of any broadcaster or acting union or guild, or Sponsor may declare prize forfeited and another potential Grand Prize winner may be chosen based on criteria described. The Grand Prize winner will be announced on or about March 25, 2012.
9. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: Five (5) Finalist Prizes (five (5) highest public voting totals): Up to five (5) Finalists will each receive one (1) unique trip each to a professional sporting event selected at the discretion of the Sponsor. Trip is for winner only to an exclusive professional sporting event to act as a reporter. Each trip includes: Round trip air transportation (or ground transportation/payment, at Sponsor’s discretion, if Finalist is sufficiently close to event), one (1) night hotel accommodations, ground transportation to and from the airport and hotel, transportation to and from the sporting event, one (1) $200 Gift Card which may be used toward spending cash while on the trip. The ARV of each Finalist Prize is $1,490. Trip type and location will be determined by and assigned to each Finalist at the discretion of the Sponsor.
One (1) Grand Prize: Ultimate Sports Social Media Job awarded in the form of a one (1) year agreement as described in the “Grand Prize Personal Services Agreement” section below. Estimated value: $40,000.
Total APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE of all prizes awarded during the Contest Period is $47,450.
The actual value of a prize may vary based on trip location and point of departure and any difference between the stated value and actual value will not be awarded. All federal, state, local taxes and fees are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes consist only of items specifically listed as part of the prize. Certain conditions and restrictions apply. Prizes are nontransferable and no substitution or cash equivalent is allowed, except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any substitution will be for the same approximate retail value as the stated prize. For Finalist prizes with an ARV over $600, an IRS Form 1099-MISC will be issued showing the ARV as taxable income to the winner; and winner will be asked to provide SSN or taxpayer i.d. for use in preparing that Form or prize cannot be awarded and an alternate winner will be chosen.
10. FINALIST AGREEMENT: As a condition of prize award, potential Finalists will be required to enter into an agreement with Sponsor or alternate Finalist may be chosen. Agreement will set forth Finalist(s) responsibilities as commentators at Finalist Prize sporting event, if any. Finalists and Sponsor would be viewed as independent contracting parties, and nothing contained in the agreement shall be deemed to create a partnership, joint venture or employment relationship. The agreement will require, among other things, (1) that Sponsor has the right but not the obligation to require Finalist(s) to make one or more personal appearances at a time and location selected by Sponsor for an event and/or any other public relations activity, (2) that Finalist(s) permit the use of their names, likenesses or identifying information for promotional, publicity or advertising purposes in any media including print and online media, without time or geographic limitations, and (3) that Finalists agree to provide Postings about the Finalist Prize sporting event for use by Comcast in any fashion it sees fit. Notwithstanding any of the above, Sponsor’s sole obligation under the agreement is to award the Finalist Prize trip, and Sponsor has no obligation to make use of Postings, appearances or any other Finalist services.
11. GRAND PRIZE PERSONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT: As a condition of prize award, Grand Prize winner will be required to negotiate and execute a one-year Personal Services Agreement (“PSA”), service contract or similar agreement with Sponsor or alternate Grand Prize winner may be chosen. Such agreement will set forth the terms of the relationship between the Grand Prize winner and Sponsor, including compensation, obligations of the parties, termination provisions, and other customary terms and conditions. Grand Prize winner shall be viewed as an independent contractor and nothing contained in the agreement shall be deemed to create a partnership, joint venture or employment relationship. The agreement is expected to require the winner to be available as required by Comcast. In the event of a dispute between these Official Rules and the agreement, the agreement will control. Grand Prize winner may be required to relocate to a Comcast business market at the discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor will have no obligation to use the winner’s services or name or likeness in any manner whatsoever. In the event an agreement cannot be reached by a date reasonably specified by Sponsor, the designated Grand Prize winner will forfeit the prize and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among the remaining Finalists. Notwithstanding any of the above, Sponsor’s sole obligation to the Grand Prize winner is to award compensation in the designated amount, and Sponsor has no obligation to enter into an agreement with Grand Prize winner or make use of Grand Prize winner’s services or provide appearances.
12. ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS: By entering, entrant’s grant to Sponsor a royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable right to exploit the content of his/her entry video in any medium through the world in perpetuity for editorial, educational, promotional, publicity, advertising or any other purpose on behalf of Sponsor or its affiliates, respective licensees and assigns, partners or media without further compensation unless specifically prohibited and entrant explicitly acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor reserves the right to publish any or all content of entry, entry video with or without first and last name credit to the entrant; and entries that attempt to restrict this right will not be considered. Additionally, Finalists agree that Sponsor will be the sole and exclusive owner of all rights, title and interest in all ideas, concepts, expressions, information, material and works of authorship prepared in connection with the performance of Finalists’ responsibilities, whether conceived or made by Finalists alone or in conjunction with or at the direction of Sponsor. Finalists hereby irrevocably assign to Sponsor, its successors and assigns, any and all rights, title and interest that Finalists may have in any of the materials prepared in connection with Finalists responsibilities, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trade secrets, patents, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, whether now known or hereafter to become known, for the respective maximum terms of protection available throughout the world. Finalists and Grand Prize winner shall execute at Sponsor’s request such assignments and other documents as may be necessary to confirm or enact this assignment or any grant of rights set forth herein. By submitting an entry, entrant explicitly acknowledges that his/her video and first name, city, and state can and may be posted on www.facebook.com/xfinity for worldwide viewing.
13. ADDITIONAL TERMS: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, disruptions caused by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause that corrupts, affects or compromises the administration, security, fairness, integrity, proper conduct or intended play of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, and select the potential Winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to that time. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify any individual whom Sponsor or GMR deems responsible for or related to actual or attempted disruption of or interference with the Contest or its intended operation. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications failure, theft, lost, failed, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, garbled, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, likes, or votes, including any erroneous appearance of qualification for a prize. In no case will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or Internet Service Provider (ISP), computer equipment, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problem or traffic, congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Entries or votes generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are ineligible and will be disqualified, as will any entrant’s involved or benefitting therefrom. All entries must include a valid e-mail address for the entrant. In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a Winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the entry. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the person to whom the applicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
14. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By entering, entrant agrees to accept and abide by the Official Rules of this Contest and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Contest, interpretation of the Official Rules or awarding of a prize shall be resolved by Sponsor or GMR whose decision shall be binding and final. By entering, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Released Parties, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, service agencies, independent contractors, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of any of the above organizations from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death or property damage due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance, use, or misuse of a prize, or participation in any Contest-related activity. By entering, entrant agrees to be notified using the contact information provided in the entrant’s Official Entry Form by the Sponsor and/or GMR for the purposes of the administration of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Contest, the disqualification or elimination of any votes accumulated for any reason, or in the announcement of prizes, including such error as an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In no case will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. All entries are the property of Sponsor and are not returnable.
15. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the Finalists and Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by April 9, 2012 and received by April 16, 2012 to: Xfinity® Presents: The Ultimate Sports Social Media Job Contest Winner’s List, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151.
Sponsored by Comcast® Cable Communications Management LLC, 1 Comcast Center, 1701 JFK Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19103-2838. Contest is administered by GMR Marketing LLC, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151.
Contest is not sponsored or executed by any MLB Entity. Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball Properties, Inc. Visit MLB.com.
Participants should showcase the following in their video submissions:
1. Depth and range of your sports knowledge – show the world that you know sports.
2. Creativity with social media platforms, skills and expertise – let everyone know that your tweets will be “must-read” material.
3. Style and humor – be yourself and have fun with the video.
4. Strong personality and presence on camera – prove that you’re going to be a star through this opportunity.
5. Passion for Comcast products and services (Such as verbal mentions of the brand) – it doesn’t hurt to be a good spokesperson.
Common mistakes that participants should avoid including in their videos:
1. Unauthorized trademarks, brands, or logos – you’re not getting corporate sponsorships just yet.
2. Music – we want to hear you, not a soundtrack.
3. Copyrighted material (including unauthorized game footage/highlights) – save footage links for another day.
4. Commercial products (e.g. clothing, toys, food) – again, you’re not sponsored just yet.
5. Celebrity references – we’re more interested in your thoughts instead of celebrities.
6. Obscenity, crude, vulgar or offensive pictures, depictions, images, language and/or symbols – your twitter feed should be suitable for all ages.
7. License plates, phone numbers, personal addresses and website links – no need to give out contact info.
8. Only you are allowed in the video – this is your time, keep the spotlight focused on you.
Publicity Release and Assignment of Rights: By entering this Contest, and in consideration of the Contest opportunities provided, I understand that my participation in this Contest constitutes my permission for Comcast® Cable Communications Management, LLC ("Comcast") to use my name, image and/or likeness, biographical information, and a royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable right to exploit the content of my video entry in any medium in perpetuity through the world for editorial, educational, promotional, publicity, advertising or any other purpose on behalf of Comcast or its affiliates, respective licensees and assigns, partners or media without further compensation unless specifically prohibited. I own all right, title, and interest in my entry, including but not limited to all copyrights. I specifically assign and grant to Comcast a royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable right to exploit my entry in perpetuity. I also specifically grant permission for Comcast to post my Contest entry materials on a website for public viewing and evaluation. I am at least 18 years of age and legally an adult in the state of my residence. Comcast has an exclusive license to the content of my entry, including the right to edit and display select portions or entire Contest entry. If I do not accept these terms, I will not be allowed to participate in the Xfinity® Ultimate Sports Social Media Job Contest